VIT-AP School of Social Sciences and Humanities
VIT-AP School of Social Sciences and Humanities ( VISH )
The VIT-AP School of Social Sciences and Humanities (VISH) has evolved into an independent School that combines the Department of Languages and the existing courses of Social Sciences that have been present at the university since its inception in 2017. The VIT-AP School of Social Sciences and Humanities (VISH) focuses on providing students with language skills and a broad perspective on the evolution of culture, society, politics, and economics. Apart from the production and dissemination of the disciplinary concerns the faculty of the School also provide students with a well-rounded education that would complement other disciplines of study offered at the University resulting in individuals who are capable of applying new knowledge and solving problems. The varied courses offered by the School enable the students to gain highly marketable skills ranging from critical thinking and problem solving, to knowledge application and evidence-based analysis.
Vision:The VIT-AP School of Social Sciences and Humanities (VISH) has been founded with the vision of expanding the intellectual and creative capabilities of the students.
At VIT-AP School of Social Sciences and Humanities (VISH), we
- ● aim to excel in interdisciplinary teaching and research
- ● enable students to be effective communicators, decisive leaders, and responsible citizens
- ● educate students to develop critical thinking, oral and written communication skills through varied creative and collaborative practices in social sciences and humanities
- ● equip students to make positive changes in their workplace and their communities
- ● ensure that the students are industry-ready by providing national and international exposure to the latest developments in the field of Social Sciences and Humanities
The VIT-AP School of Social Sciences and Humanities (VISH) presently offers PhD programmes in the disciplines of English Language Teaching, English Literature, Linguistics, and Anthropology. VISH will also be commencing with a new dual degree programme—B.A./M.A. Public Services—from the academic year 2021. Acquiring a Ph.D. degree in the areas of English Literature, Linguistics, or Language Teaching, would allow students to enter into careers in academia and higher education as assistant professors. Students will also be equipped to enter into the industry as language trainers, editors in publishing houses, digital-content writers, lexicographers, and journalists, to name a few possibilities. . . Know More
UPCOMING & RECENT EVENTS
CONNECT WITH US