With a fast-growing 200 acre campus in the heart of Amaravati, the capital of Andhra Pradesh, the institute provides a comfortable and vibrant life on campus. In less than a year, our campus has two fully functional blocks, and three more coming up shortly. The aim is to create a green, educational and recreational space where learning is made meaningful and enjoyable.
Well-planned, aesthetically appealing and well – ventilated comprehensive infrastructure is the striking feature of VIT-AP. We now have two academic blocks at present, that are specialized buildings which cater to the holistic requirements of the teaching-learning process. Academic Block -1 called as the Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Block and Academic Block – 2 is called as APJ Abdul Kalam Block. The idea behind these separate blocks is to make every block equipped with the necessary amenities whilst providing the perfect atmosphere for both studies and research.
Academic Block-1, Area 179090.52 sq.ft.
The Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Block now has the major administrative offices like the Chancellor’s Office, Admissions Office, Finance Office, and other Offices which are responsible for addressing student issues. Apart from these, it also houses the VIT-School of Business (VSB). All the major departments, like the Department of Computer Science, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Department of Electrical Engineering exist here. This block also consists of classrooms and well-designed labs providing the best facilities to students
Academic Block-2, Area 183509.99 sq.ft.
The APJ Abdul Kalam has School of Sciences and Languages, which comprise of the Departments of Mathematics, Physics, and Languages. This block also has classrooms, labs, space for the auditorium.
Central Block(Academic Block-3), Area 4,61,303 Sq.ft.
Student Activity Centre, Area 58,640 Sq.Ft.
- Well equipped Indoor Sports and A/C Facilities
- Shuttle court
- Basketball court
- Squash court
- Indoor sports
- Multi Cuisine Food court
- Guest House
- Mini Multi-purpose Hall
The details of the amenities present in the blocks are listed below.
- Central Block- 25(no’s) @ 100 sq.m each
- AB1- 22(no’s) @ 100 sq.m each
- AB2- 23 (no’s) @ 100 sq.m each
- Gallery- 10(no’s) @ 100 sq.m each
Labs & Halls
- Computer labs- 17 (no’s)@ 140 sq.m each
- Language lab-3(no’s) @ 130 sq.m
- computer centre- 1 (no’s)@ 164 sq.m
- Electronics lab – 10(no’s) @ 164 sq.m
- Workshop -1(no’s) @ 200 sq.m
- Research scholar spaces – 2(no’s) @ 80 sq.m
- Administrative spaces – Adequate
- Seminar Halls-AB1- 3(no’s) (Raman hall @ 120 sq.m, Einstein hall- 174 sq.m, Newton hall 400 sq.m)
- Seminar Halls -AB2- 212 & 215 @ 189sq.m & 143 sq.m
- Auditorium -1((no’s) AB2- 887 sq.m
- Mechanical Labs- 10(no’s)