The Ph.D. programme at VIT-AP admits bright students to carry out research in engineering, basic sciences, humanities and management disciplines. The major areas of research are Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Management – HR, Marketing, Economics, Law, English etc.
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant discipline with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class or
- Equivalent qualifications like M.Sc. (Engineering) / M.S. [By Research.] / M.Tech [By Research].
- For Ph. D in Sciences:
Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science with a first class (or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/ Institute does not award any class).
- For Ph. D in Languages:
Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA
- For Ph. D in Management:
Master in Business Administration or M.E./ M.Tech. with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class.
For Ph.D. in Law:
Master’s Degree in law (LLM/ML) from any recognized University/Institute, in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.
- Applications will be invited by open advertisement in all leading newspapers / local announcement for all categories of candidates
- Selected candidates will be called for a personal interview conducted at the campus where the admission is sought.
- Final Selection will be based on the overall merit index of the candidate which will be arrived at by taking into account the candidate’s performance in the previous university examinations at Master’s level and the performance in the written test, research output and / the performance in personal interview at VIT.
|Programme||Ph.D. Internal Full Time|
|Tuition Fees (INR)||40,000|
|Caution Deposit (INR)||3,000|
|Total Fees (INR)||43,000|
|Thesis Fee (INR)||10,000|