VIT-AP School of Law(VSL) is conducting a Poster Making Competition on the account of Constitution Day dated 26th November 2020 for all the students of VIT-AP on the theme Constitutional Aspirations vs Reality.
Online webinar on Water Resources Engineering and Climate Change: Some Modelling Aspects on 10-November-2020, 4.00 to 5.30 PM presented by Dr. Rajib Maity (Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur)
The CHY1001 Environmental Studies course is designed as a series of invited guest lectures along with project work offered for the undergraduate students of VIT-AP University. The fifth invited online guest lecture for the Fall 2020-21 semester was held with MS-Teams Live Event on 10th November 2020 during 4.00 pm – 5.30 pm, in which about 400 students were participated.
The invited guest speaker Dr Rajib Maity in his lecture on “Water resource engineering and climate change: Some modelling aspects” explained the significant impacts of climate change in different sectors, emphasizing more over water resources. He thoroughly explained different ways to model hydrologic time series and different data under climate change scenario. Dr Maity further enriched the understandings by explaining the answers for the doubts and questions raised by the enthusiastically attended students.
Dr. Sabeel M Basheer, Assistant Professor of Chemistry coordinated the online lecture along with all other chemistry faculty members. Dr. Soumyakanta Prusty, Assistant Professor of the Chemistry chaired the session and Dr. Tufan Ghosh, Assistant Professor of Chemistry delivered the vote of thanks and the online webinar lecture was concluded.
The CHY1001 Environmental Studies course is designed as a series of invited guest lectures along with project work and offered for the undergraduate students of VIT-AP University. The second invited online guest lecture for the Fall 2020-21 semester was held with MS-Teams Live Event in which about 400 students participated.
The invited guest speaker Dr Shalini Dhyani explained the concepts of biodiversity, its functions, its services and threats it is facing world-wide along with the strategies for managing uncertainties using biodiversity and ecosystems in Anthropocene-the current geological epoch.
She described the current COVID 19 pandemic situation as a cumulative outcome of biodiversity crisis, connected cultural diversity with biodiversity, stressed to acknowledge the biodiversity contributions to reduce degradations and conveyed global biodiversity concerns such as conventions, targets, agreements. Dr Shalini further enriched the understandings by explaining the answers for the doubts and questions raised by the enthusiastic student attendees.
Dr Sabeel M Basheer, Assistant Professor of Chemistry coordinated the online webinar lecture along with all other chemistry faculty members. Dr. Rajesh Chalasani, Assistant Professor of Chemistry invited the gathering and the lecture concluded with admirable talk of the guest speaker.
Early Bird Registrations for India’s Biggest AI Summit are online. Grab your free pass now!
- 12 PM to 2:30 PM IST
- 4:30 PM to 7 PM IST
We believe Artificial Intelligence is not just a few lines of code, but an artform altogether. Our Mission is to change one’s perspective on AI and the magic behind it. The MindHack! Summit aims to bring one of the finest AI practitioners who have used unconventional methods to build technologies that changed the world.
Who are we:
MindHack! Summit is brought to you by a team of AI enthusiasts in collaboration with the AI Leaders who have leveraged it to create out-of-the box technologies that have a positive impact in the society.
What do you get?
We promise that MindHack! Summit gives you a totally new experience with great insights and practices in and around AI which you have never seen before.
ICAFD 2020 aims to establish a premier International forum that brings together the Scientists, Engineers and Industrial experts to present the latest achievements and innovations in the areas of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics to discuss path-breaking developments and challenges, in order to select potential directions for the future.
For more details:
The management, Students, Faculty and Staff cordially invite you to
the Inauguration of VIT-AP school of Law(VSL) ON 10th 2020 (Thursday), 3.45 p.m.
We at Sanskriti club are waiting for all your entries. This Online Semester can be fun too and here is your Chance to portray your patriotism in the layer of words in this Competition: ‘Two words for the Nation’ [Do lafz desh ke naam] by Sanskriti Club.
12th August to 17th August 2020
General Instructions, Rules and Code of Conduct to the Candidates Appearing for the Online Group Discussion and Personal Interview:
- No change of Online Group Discussion and Personal Interview timings will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Login through the Zoom Id provided. Candidates need not make calls to the panel members. If required, our faculty will make the call to interview the candidate.
- Use your application number and name while logging in to the session: • (Ex. 2020500000 Rajan)
- Candidate must be ready for the Online Group Discussion and Personal Interview at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid mismatch in the online connection.
- The face of the candidate must be visible with proper lighting and without any disturbance in the background. Use your headphone/earphone for good clarity and quality of sound and voice.
- Select the perfect spot without any external disturbances for your good internet connection.
- During the Online Group Discussion and Personal Interview, the candidate must maintain appropriate posture, dress formally and must speak in English only.
- Even in the online environment, eye contact is important. Instead of looking at the person on the screen, look directly into the webcam and stay engaged.
- Ensure that your computer or mobile is ON always and that no one else is around when you are attending the Online Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Communication with anyone other than the panel members during the Online Group Discussion and Personal Interview is strictly prohibited.
- Impersonation or indulging in any kind of misbehaviour is strictly prohibited and will be viewed seriously.
- All the sessions will be recorded from our end.
- Recording of the session by the candidates is strictly prohibited.
- Consequences of Rule Violations: If the candidate violates the online test rules, he/she will automatically receive a score of “0” for the Online Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The decision of the examiner is final.
- Shortlisted candidates’ name list will be displayed in the VIT Chennai website. All other admission details will be available on the website immediately.
The LIVIT Club is happy in conducting health and wellness related activities towards physical and mental well-being among all students, teachers, and staff at the university. In similar lines LIVIT Club is now going to conduct Yoga and Meditation sessions on the occasion of the International Day of Yoga (IDY) on June 21, 2020 between 9.30 A.M. to 10.30 A.M.
Smt. D. Durga Shaktamma, Faculty, The Art of Living and Dr. Agam Das Goswami, SENSE, VIT-AP University will be the resource persons for this event.
We welcome all the students, staff & faculty members to participate by joining the following link.
1. Please find the attachment and install the required software to view on your desktop / laptop / smart device prior to the event.
2. Participants can turn-on their video during the event (optional).
5:00 PM Every Saturday.
Register in advance for this meeting:
Click here to Register
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.