In the post-graduation programme M.Tech VLSI, students are allowed to pursue the course from schools of Electronics Engineering, VITAP. The entry into these programmes occurs by successfully getting through the VITMEE examination conducted every year.
The curricula of programmes have been designed to cater to the ever changing demands of VLSI industry and needs of the society through research. The post-graduate program in VLSI Design aims at providing fundamental concepts related to design of VLSI circuits and systems. The focus areas of the program include Digital system design, Analog VLSI Design, Semiconductor Devices & Modelling. The students of the program are trained to understand the complete VLSI design flow using various industry standard CAD tools like XILINX, CADENCE etc., and to develop design for integrated chips of various applications. The curriculum of the program has been developed i) to impart knowledge on VLSI design through various program core and elective courses, ii) to improve the engineering skills of the students through project component integrated within the courses and iii) to improve the documentation and presentation skills through research based learning and final year project work.
- The post-graduates of VLSI Design will demonstrate their outstanding education skills that will enable them to integrate undergraduate fundamentals with the knowledge acquired to evaluate and analyse new developments in VLSI industry.
- The post-graduates of VLSI Design will demonstrate advancement in engineering to engage in perpetual learning in order to suit multidisciplinary situations.
- The post-graduates of VLSI Design would undertake a significant research or development projects.
- The VLSI Design post-graduates would demonstrate his/her analytical skills to solve real time problems.
- The VLSI Design post-graduates will demonstrate their professional, ethical and social issues and show respect for diversity and global issues.
- Postgraduate VLSI students are in great demand in various core companies like Intel, Texas Instruments, Samsung, Cadence, Synopsys, ARM, AMD, Open Silicon, HCL Technologies, Wipro Technologies, etc
- VLSI students are also required by major IT companies such as TCS, Wipro, Infosys, CTS and Accenture.
- Research opportunities in premier institutes, such as IITs, IISc Bangalore and abroad universities in the focus areas of the programme.
(Same as VIT – Vellore M.Tech VLSI Design), Typically it is
Candidate must have B.E/B.Tech. Degree in any branch / M.S / M.Sc. Electronics or Electrical or Instrumentation or Communications Engineering or any other equivalent degree.
Candidate should apply through online at https://vtop2.vit.ac.in/pgapplication/ through Netbanking/Debit card/Credit card /Paytm mode.
There is NO printed OMR application form, candidates are requested to apply only through Online mode
- Steps to be followed
- Enter into New User page and register yourself with required information
- Verify your registered email id and mobile number for the password received from VIT. (Keep this email id and password till the completion of the admissions)
- Fill the online application form. Cost of the online form is Rs. 1200/-. The application cost is non-refundable.
- Pay the application fee Rs.1200/- through online mode using netbanking/Debit card / Credit card/Paytm mode
- Upload your Photo and Sign image on the online application form
- The filled in Application may be downloaded and stored for future reference.
NO NEED TO SEND THE FILLED IN APPLICATION FORM / CERTIFICATES BY POST TO US.