Generate, transform, and advance knowledge in electronics and create competent engineers that will best serve mankind.
- ★ To deliver dynamic technical manpower for meeting the current and future demands of industry and academia to address social and industrial problems.
- ★ To provide the foundations and advance knowledge of electronics and communication to engineers, researchers and entrepreneurs for becoming leading contributors to real world problems.
- ★ To nurture collaboration with industries and research institutes around the world for education, research and social developments.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO’s)
|Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
|Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
|Design/development of solutions:
|Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
|Conduct investigations of complex problems:
|Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
|Modern tool usage:
|Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
|The engineer and society:
|Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
|Environment and sustainability:
|Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
|Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
|Individual and team work:
|Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
|Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
|Project management and finance:
|Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
|Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’s)
|To impart engineering skills in professional practice and become successful engineers, innovators, consultants, managers, researchers or entrepreneurs.
|Professional and responsible competency:
|To work in the VLSI profession with social awareness and responsibility by interacting with their peers in other disciplines in industry contributing to the economic growth of the country.
|To pursue higher studies in engineering, management for career paths in industry or teaching and research.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
On completion of M. Tech (VLSI) degree, students will be able:
|To design ASIC and FPGA based circuits and systems using industry standard programming languages and tools.
|To design and apply various concepts of system on chip, verification methodologies, design for testability and able to do mini projects.
|To identify research gaps and provide solutions to socio-economic, and environmental problems
- ★ The curriculum is designed to cater to the ever changing demands of VLSI industry and the needs of the society through research
- ★ The Programme aims to provide fundamental and advanced concepts related to design of VLSI circuits and systems
- ★ Focus areas:
- ✧ Digital system design
- ✧ Analog VLSI Design
- ✧ VLSI System Verification and Methodologies
- ✧ Semiconductor Devices & Modelling
- ★ Industry standard CAD tools like:
- ✧ XILINX VIVADO
- ✧ CADENCE
- ✧ KEIL
- ★ Project Based Learning for the Labs
- ★ Placement in the Indian and International VLSI Companies
- ★ Digital Logic Design Lab:
- ✧ Xilinx VIVADO Tool – 75 Licenses
- ✧ AXilinx Zynq-7010 ZYBO FPGA Board – 75 Boards
- ★ VLSI Design Lab:
- ✧ Cadence Tools – 40 Licenses
- ★ Microcontrollers Lab:
- ✧ KEIL Embedded Software Tool – 75 Licenses
- ✧ ARM Cortex M3 based Microcontroller Boards MCB1760 – 75
This programme comprises of the highly qualified and experienced faculty from IITS, NITs and other foreign universities with PhDs and various VLSI specializations.
Dr. UMAKANTA NANDA
Specialization Areas: Mixed signal VLSI Design, CMOS Analog and RFIC Design, System design using HDL
Dr. N. PURNACHAND
Specialization Areas: VLSI System Architecture Design, Digital Video and Image Processing, ASIC and FPGA system design and optimization
Dr. DEEPAK KUMAR PANDA
Specialization Areas: Microelectronic and VLSI Design, III-V Semiconductor Devices and Heterostructures, Compact Semiconductor Device Modelling
Dr. SUDHA ELLISON MATHE
Specialization Areas: VLSI Architectures, FPGA Design, Digital IC Design
Dr. ARUN KUMAR SINHA
Specialization Areas: Analog Electronics, Integrated circuit designs, VLSI circuits and simulations
Dr. CH. DEEPAK
Specialization Areas: Digital systems, FPGA implementations, IOT, VLSI Circuits
Dr. CHANDAN KUMAR PANDEY
Specialization Areas: Microelectronics and VLSI design, Tunnel field-effect transistors , Device Modeling…
Dr. ROHIT LORENZO
Specialization Areas: Low Power VLSI Design, CMOS VLSI Design, Memory Design and Digital circuits & System
Dr. GURUMURTHY KOMANAPALLI
Specialization Areas: Analog Electronics, Analog VLSI design, CMOS current-mode analog building blocks, Electronic Devices
Scope of Placements
- ✧ Astonishing placement offers
- ✧ In addition, students are also recruited by the IT services companies such as Infosys, Wipro, TCS, CTS and Accenture
- ✧ A majority of students get offers during the placement process