VIT AP University Library provides world class library services with an aim to support teaching learning and research by providing innovative and advanced facilities fulfilling dynamic needs of the end users. The University Library is committed to the university goals of academic excellence with high quality teaching & research by providing resources from renowned publishers & suppliers and the library is trying its best to adapt with the technological advancement at global level.
VIT AP University Library provides a diverse, inclusive and collaborative environment, fostering knowledge through innovative, creative education, and resources as we contribute to student and research success.
To create an atmosphere conducive wherein students, faculty members and research scholars may carry on the learning process most enjoyable.
Ensuring the preservation and long-lasting availability of library collections and resources. The library is a strategic asset to the university, contributing to the exploration and sharing of knowledge for the betterment of a global society.
- ★ Library – Gateway of global information
- ★ Right book to the right reader at a right time in the right format
- ★ Best books for the largest number at the least cost
- ★ Providing ICT enabled infrastructure for speed and accurate services
- ★ Providing information literacy from time to time to access more knowledge
- ★ Updating knowledge with latest information provided
- ★ Supporting research and innovation towards centre of excellence
- ★ Convert the conventional readers in to habitual users
- ★ Motivate users for optimum utilization of library resources
- ★ Providing OPAC/Web OPAC for searching materials inside and outside the library
- ★ Providing well-furnished infrastructure
- ★ Fulfilling Five laws of library science
- ★ Supporting services beyond university timings and boundaries
- ★ Supporting towards fulfilling university objectives
About VIT-AP University Library
The global changes in library and information services, particularly with the adoption of Information and Communication technologies (ICTs), have created a profound impact on the functioning of academic libraries. The developments in ICT have changed both library sources, services and user’s expectations from time to time especially in academic libraries by several ways. The modes of collecting information and disseminating knowledge have undergone tremendous changes in recent times. To meet the requirements and demands of the end users effectively, academic libraries need to identify and adopt good practices and benchmarks, which will enhance the value –based services of libraries.
Users visit library to refer, read and borrow reading and reference materials. Hence, the atmosphere in the library should be inviting, which is ensured through cleanliness of areas inside and outside the library. Maintaining a calm and neat atmosphere in the reading and stack areas is essential for concentrated reading, time spending and searching of materials. VIT AP University Library aims at providing users with clean and green atmosphere including dust-free environment in the stack and reading areas
VIT-AP University Library is an integral part of the university with modern infrastructure supporting teaching, research and other academic activities is fully automated and air-conditioned spread around 1500 Sq.m with 500 seating capacity. Currently the library has more than 21,000 Text & Reference books and also maintains other materials like print and online journals, magazines, newspapers, CD & DVD…etc. Present collection is relevant to the engineering, science and technology, humanities, social science, law and management. The library automation made by the KOHA software with RFID technology enabled issue & Returns with KIOSK and Drop box for returns. It serves the students, faculties and research scholars by adopting different emerging technologies and services from time to time.
Open access means once the users are entered into the library, they can directly go through the books, journals and everything in the library and select whatever they wish to read and borrow based on their privileges to allow.
Library Working Hours
VIT-AP University Library will remain open from 9.00 AM to 7.30 PM on all working days and 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM during Sunday, Monday and other holidays except university holidays. Library timings will be extended during CAT and FAT examinations.
Infrastructure and facilities
University Library has various sections and services with an aim to serve for better utilization it’s resources. Library spreads around 1500 sq.m. and 500 seating with modern ICT facilities like library automation with KOHA LMS, Id scan for library entry and exit, KIOSK for issue and return of books, Drop box for return of books, OPAC for searching library catalogue, Wi-Fi, Digital library, Discussion rooms for research and innovative project related works, Remote access software for accessing all subscribed e-resources from outside library (federated search); previous question papers, faculty teaching learning material & publications uploaded in DSpace software, Awarded Theses uploaded in Shodhganga repository etc. are supporting for effective functioning of the library.
Library Rules and Regulations
The University Library provides best information sources and services to the users. These rules are framed to ensure all the members may take maximum utilization of the Library resources. The students, faculty members, research scholars and other staff members are automatically eligible for members of the VIT-AP University Library. All the users/members agree to abide by the following rules and regulations.
- ★ Users are strictly advised to scan their Id cards while coming in and going out from the library
- ★ Users should wear their ID card while inside the library
- ★ Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library
- ★ Library is a place for individual study and no student should discuss/conversant with others in loud voice
- ★ Members are requested to use their electronic gadgets (mobile & laptop etc.) for the academic purpose only. Misuse of it is strictly prohibited and if found guilty it will be confiscated.
- ★ Combined or Group study / discussion is not allowed in the reading room. For the discussion/ Group study, the students can use the discussion rooms with prior permission (order of priority) from the Librarian.
- ★ Bags, Raincoat, Jerkin and Casual wears are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- ★ Members are requested to keep their belongings in property Counters located at the entrance of the Library. However, they are advised not to leave cell phones, wallets, money, credit or debit card, ornaments and other valuables in the handbag outside the library. Library will not be held responsible for any such loss.
- ★ Library users are strictly prohibited from taking the borrowed books again inside the library.
- ★ The students are allowed to borrow books for a period of two weeks (14 days) only. However, they are permitted to renew the borrowed books once. Renewal is permitted one day before expiring due date only considering its availability.
- ★ Books will be issued to the members through RFID Check out KIOSK and return books only through RFID Drop box which is provided at the entrance of the library.
- ★ If the due date of the book borrowed falls on a holiday for the Library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- ★ ID cards are not transferable for library entry and borrowing books.
- ★ If any student disfigures or removes the barcode / call number label/RFID tag of a book, an amount of Rs. 250.00 will be imposed as fine.
- ★ A member cannot issue the multiple copies of the same title, author and publication.
- ★ If any book is lost or damaged, the person is solely responsible and shall replace it with a new copy or pay the double cost of the book’s latest price along with handling/processing charges (Rs. 250/) or as decided by the Librarian.
- ★ Books will be issued subject to its availability only.
- ★ No reference book, print journals, theses, project works, newspaper and magazines are permitted for borrowing outside the library.
- ★ Any kind of mark, underline, tear and clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof as per the rules.
- ★ Absence from the university will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- ★ Under special circumstances, the University Librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
- ★ Fines will be charged for non-return of books in time as per the procedure displayed.
- ★ Borrowers will be responsible for any loss, damage or non-return of any books issued against his / her original (or) duplicate ID Card.
- ★ A reminder will be generated to individuals through e-mail and consolidated list of defaulters will be displayed in the library notice board once in every month.
- ★ New books and journals received or new arrivals will be communicated through e-mail and displayed in a suitable place.
- ★ The Library may accept donation of manuscripts, books, periodicals etc., from the donors. Such donations once accepted will become the absolute property of the University library.
Note:The above rules are intended to regulate the best use of Library resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the changing needs. Any changes in the rules or instructions will be communicated through e-mail as and when required.
Library Advisory Committee (LAC)
Library Advisory Committee plays an important role for proper functioning of the library. It acts as a bridge between management, library and the end users. LAC is formed once in every two years and the members are changing every year but it conducts meetings before commencement of every semester. Library procures books, journals, electronic resources & databases and other materials based on the recommendations of the library advisory committee. Allotment and utilization of library budget to all departments is recommended by library advisory committee only.
Budget is an estimation of income and expenditure over a specific future period of time or a financial plan for any organization, an individual or any family.
Library budget will be prepared based on the expenditure to be spent on all the infrastructure, resources and services provided for the forthcoming year and the new requirements for further expansion of the library in terms of above all. Generally, budget is prepared and submitted for approval in the month of February every year based on the current requirements and Library Advisory Committee recommendations.
Collection development is the main phenomena of every library and our library is no exception. Library is collecting books every year based on the academic syllabus, faculty & students’ recommendations. Apart from syllabus, library can Procure general, competitive, literature, personality, career & professional development etc. fulfilling the norms of designating authorities and user requirements.
Collection and Resources
Library maintains text and reference books according to the courses offered by the university, and the purpose of the university library is to support study, teaching, research and intellectual wellbeing of the people. Different kinds of books are Textbooks, Reference books in terms of Dictionaries, Handbooks, Encyclopaedias, Reports, Manuals, Theses, Dissertations, Almanacs, periodicals etc. and many more audio-visual & e-resources in terms of e-journals, e-books, e-databases etc. The library collection supports for both academic, research and over all professional development of the academic community.
Books Procurement Policy
Before commencement of every semester, librarian can send a circular to all departments to collect required text and reference books from individual faculty for their concerned subject and forward the same to the librarian and then the librarian can check its availability already in the library and prepare final requirements by coordinating with all the department Heads/Deans and send for final procurement based on the library committee recommendations and budget availability. Text & reference books should be procured mainly based on syllabus and faculty recommendations. Library will procure books mainly on academics and others like general, personality development, literature, research, career and competitive like GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, foreign languages, UPSC, APPSC and other all India level core & competitive exams. Students are encouraged to suggest their requirements for academic and professional development.
The following are the books procurement policies
- ★ Faculty members can also send e-mail requests to the University Librarian in
- ★ Under special circumstances, faculty members may procure resources
externally with prior permission from their superior and get it reimbursed through the library.
- ★ The Library conducts print and e-book exhibition annually, where the users (faculty members, students, and scholars) select the books for their own requirements.
- ★ The syllabus based text and reference book collection is a major aspect of
the Library. Apart from these, the library procures general reading & reference materials, literature books in terms of novels, fictions and essays etc.
- ★ Also, the library procures resources recommended by AICTE/UGC from time to time. The library accepts book donations/gratis presented in good condition.
- ★ The final approved list of books will be sent for quotation to minimum three vendors.
- ★ Central Purchase department will take care of book purchasing process with approved vendors.
- ★ After receiving quotations from three & more different vendors and final negotiations will be happening and there after whichever is lower quote the purchase order will sent by the purchase department.
Subscription of print Journals & Electronic Resources (E-Resources)
Subscription of print journals will be processed and approved two months before for every calendar year. Print journals, technical magazines and newsletters published at national and international level (discipline-wise) will be subscribed based on requirements from all departments and the recommendations of the library advisory committee and further it follows the norms of AICTE/UGC. General magazines and daily newspapers in different languages are procuring from local vendors from time to time and the Complimentary copies of various newsletters, magazines are also accepted.
Electronic Resources (E-Resources)
Electronic resources are generally known as e-resources in digital format and accessible electronically. It consists of electronic journals (e-journal), electronic books (e- book), online databases (e-databases), in varied digital formats. These resources play a Vitol role during Covid-19. Apart from print resources now a day’s electronic resources play an important role in fulfilling academic needs of the users.
From the prevailing situation of Covid-19, libraries are more concerned with electronic resources as these provide accurate information with the latest data to fulfill user needs. The faculty and students widely approaching electronic resources for their teaching, learning and research programs.
The following are the e-resources subscribed for our university library and providing access inside and outside the library through remote access facility.
IEEE (IEL package), Science Direct (10 disciplines), Bentham Science, Springer Nature, SAE Mobilus, SCC online & Lexis News (Law), CBS Publishers, Pearson, McGraw-Hill, CUP, World Scientific Publishing, Elsevier, IEEE e-books, Emerald publishing, Scopus, Web of Science are the major e-resources.
List of publishers, Vendors for e-resources
|CBS Publishers & Distri.
|Multi Campus Access
|Multi Campus Access
|McGraw Hill Express Library – MH Education
|Multi Campus Access
|Multi Campus Access
|Cambridge Uni. Press
|Multi Campus Access
|Elsevier (Science Direct)
|Multi Campus Access
|IEEE E-Books (MIT, Morgan, Now Publishers, SAE, Wiley and Wiley Telecom.)
|Multi Campus Access
|World Scientific Publishing
|Multi Campus Access
|Subscribed by VIT-AP
|Subscribed by VIT-AP
|Bentham Science Pub.
|Multi Campus Access
|Multi Campus Access
|Science Direct (10 Disciplines)
|Subscribed by VIT-AP
|WEB OF SCIENCE
|Multi Campus Access
|Subscribed by VIT-AP
|LexisNexis (Law Database)
|Subscribed by VIT-AP
|Remote Access Software
|Subscribed by VIT-AP
Guidelines for the fair use of e-resources
All the members of VIT-AP are requested to follow the below furnished policies while accessing and downloading electronic content from our subscribed e-resources:
- ★ Library users are requested to make appropriate and judicious use of our subscribed e-resources. The articles downloaded from e-Journals, book chapters of e-books etc. should be used only for academic and research purposes only.
- ★ Members are advised not to share these resources via e-mail or any other manner with their friends or acquaintances studying /working in other institutions, as all subscribed contents are used in digital watermarking technology. Any such sharing is against the copyright act and violates the license agreement between VIT and its various publishers / aggregators is punishable.
- ★ Downloading or printing of a complete e-book or an entire issue or a volume of one or more journals is not recommended. Large chunks of electronic content (systematic downloading) should not be acceptable and is strictly prohibited. Within a particular timeframe, members should not access or download any content continuously in large volumes.
- ★ Use of software, tools, robots, spiders or intelligent agents to access, search and/or systematic download from these resources is also strictly prohibited.
- ★ Please be aware that systematic downloading will cause the publisher to block entire community of VIT-AP users from accessing our subscribed resources.
- ★ We have Licenses for many e-resources, which have more detailed terms and conditions for use. Each member of VIT-AP is responsible for complying with the terms and conditions of these licenses and is automatically governed by these laws. Misuse, or failure to do so can result in the loss of access to a resource for the entire VIT-AP user community. If a user fails to comply with this policy, VIT-AP reserves the right to restrict, suspend or revoke the individual user’s access to our subscribed electronic resources.
- ★ Further, the downloaded content or article should not be uploaded in any website or multimedia resource on a website, electronic distribution list, community or subject forum etc. available to the public. Social networks such as Facebook, Blogs, Twitter etc. should not be used as forums for commercial gain including reselling, redistributing or republishing of our subscribed licensed content.
- ★ Any violation of this policy will be viewed very seriously and suitable action will be initiated against the erring member.
High speed Wi-Fi is provided throughout the campus for accessing e-resources.
Remote access facility is provided to all the users of VIT-AP University to access all subscribed and open access resources from outside the campus with the help of ‘RemoteXs’ software. It will also support to access all the e-resources from a single window without going for individual websites.
New Arrivals (New Additions)
Once new books received to the library and the technical process completed, all the titles (one copy for each title) are kept in the new arrivals section for faculty and student’s awareness about what is new in the library.
Classification & Cataloguing
All the library materials received like books, projects, theses, back volumes etc. are classified according to Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) 23rd edition and books arranged according to Classified Catalogue Code (CCC) on the racks for easy searching and retrieving documents.
Reference service in any library is an essential service providing users with wide variety of resources. Reference librarian will help in locating specific material and provide assistance & support in collecting necessary documents and information from every corner of the library. With their expertise in supporting users quest for knowledge, reference librarians thorough with sufficient knowledge.
Our University Library is fully automated with an open source software called KOHA Library Management Software (LMS) which is designed and developed based on the requirements of our university sources and services. It supports all services like circulation (issue & Return), searching, serial control, transaction reminders, overdue reminders through emails etc., digital library software (Dspace) for Institutional Repository etc. for speed and prompt services to the end users.
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)/Web OPAC acts as a mirror of the library. Our library OPAC provides information about the books and journals and other information like online resources, Open access resources, Government initiatives, Research information, new arrivals, online renewal and many more.
All the books in the text book section are available for borrowing outside the library for a limited period. Circulation means issue, return and renewal of text books through KIOSK system and also Drop box is arranged at the entrance of the library for return of the borrowed books, Renewal is permitted before one day of actual due date and it will process through OPAC/Web OPAC also from their residing location.
|No of Copies
|STAR Student (UG)
Library circulation and Fine structures
The students are allowed to borrow books for a period of two weeks (14 days) only. However, they are permitted to renew the borrowed books once for the 7 days after due date. Renewal is permitted one day before it’s actual expiring due date only satisfying multiple volumes availability. If students are not returned their borrowed books in time, nominal fine will be levied for proper punctuality among students. Periodicals, reference books, and project books are issued to overnight period only with Id cards.
- ★ Users can borrow either single book or maximum they allowed at a time or multiple times whenever they wish.
- ★ Users can check its due date when they borrowed books with a receipt generated at the time of issuing books.
- ★ Circulations (issue & returns) will be communicated through emails.
- ★ Renewals will be allowed once and it can be done before expiring due date only.
- ★ Id cards are mandatory while visiting library and issuing books but Id isn’t required while returning books through drop box and check the status with slip generated.
- ★ Users can check the books damage if any while borrowing and the same should be returned, if not borrower will be responsible to submit a new edition.
- ★ Overdue charges will be collected whenever they wish to pay before completing the course.
Dropbox & Rules (Returning of borrowed books)
- ★ Users can drop their books slowly one after one into the drop box for returning to the library and check the status with the receipt generated immediately.
- ★ There is no need to bring your issued books to the library for the renewal. Users can renew once through OPAC from outside the library. Renewals will be accepted one day before expiring due date of the same book.
- ★ Emails will be generated automatically to the users after every transaction of books (issues, returns & renewals)
- ★ Check your current holdings status in the issue counters (KIOSK) after returning book(s) from drop box.
- ★ Do not keep bags or any materials in front of the drop box and keep your materials in the property counter only.
- ★ If you face any problem in drop box, Contact library staff immediately.
Loss and damage of books
Once the books issued to the users, they have to check before borrowing and they are responsible to return the same book with good condition. If any damage, tearing of pages, loss of book, new edition of the same book will be replaced with processing fee. If it is minor damage making of hardbound is permissible. (see for details in library rules & regulations).
Inter Library Loan/Document Delivery Service
The service is used for the document or materials unavailable in the library and to obtain from other libraries with an inter library loan request. This is the special way of exchanging and sharing of information among member libraries subject to agreement, in most cases it is free of service and occasionally nominal fee will be charged depending upon the location.
VIT AP University Library is a member of DELNET. All the member libraries have to upload their books in the union catalogue developed by DELNET. If any user from our university wants to get any material which is not available in our library will get through Inter Library loan service provided by DELNET. Nominal charges will be collected by the DELNET for the material supplied to the user. University will bear the processing charges for inter library loan.
Reprography/Xerox or Scanning
If any user wants to get Xerox of 10 or less pages in a book or any reference material or one article in a journal or magazine is permissible to have Xerox from the library. Nominal charges will be levied for the same.
Once the journals received to the library in every month, the title page and contents pages are scanned and uploaded in Institutional repository and shared through social media platforms to reach the end users.
Referral services are among most important services offered by libraries and information centres where the particular information or material unavailable and to get its availability. No library or information centre can hold everything. It means if any material or book is not available in the library, library staff will identify its location and inform the necessary user whereabouts its availability.
Research Management and Assistance service
Research management service is responsible for assisting and supporting research community by way of providing research information, funding agencies and details. It will help the research community for obtaining and managing research support services, developing research capacity and evaluating research performance. These funds enable researchers to build stronger proposals, become well known, and more competitive in external competitions.
These codes can support to access subscribed e-resources from VIT-AP university. All the publishers QR codes are displayed in the library in different locations for easy access by the users of the library. Users can scan these QR Codes for accessing information. These codes help users to directly go through the websites of the e-resources and search documents whatever they wish to read.
Digital Library & Rules
Digital library is established in the University Library having high configuration systems connected with internet. All the subscribed and open access e-resources are available to access from the digital library. The following are the rules to access e-resources in the digital library.
- ★ Silence should be strictly observed inside the digital library.
- ★ Combined, group study / discussion will not be allowed inside the digital library.
- ★ Chatting and Playing Computer Games will not be allowed.
- ★ Spitting, Smoking, Sleeping, Gossiping & eating inside the digital library is strictly prohibited.
- ★ Users shall use the Internet for educational, career and professional development only and shall not open unauthorized sites.
- ★ Systematic download of e resources is strictly prohibited.
- ★ Do not remove the computer accessories from the computer.
- ★ Library users are requested to make appropriate and judicious use of subscribed and open access e- resources.
- ★ Downloading or printing of a complete e-book or an entire issue of a volume of one or more journals is not recommended.
- ★ Use of any software or tools, robots, spiders or intelligent agents to access, search and/or systematic download from these resources is strictly prohibited.
- ★ CD or DVD or Floppy will be issued on production of Identity Card only.
- ★ General computer work, internet surfing, chatting, social networking, or downloading of software is strictly prohibited.
- ★ Do not share the computers with any other peripheral systems/computers change any of the computer configurations.
- ★ If anyone causes for damaging computers and media equipment he / she is liable for the full repairs or replacement cost of the equipment.
- ★ Any violation of this policy will be viewed very seriously and suitable action will be initiated against the default member and the Librarian has the right to stop the facilities of the library to any or all the users.
All the library circulars are mailed to the users whenever it requires and the circulations like issue, Return and renewal messages mailed to their registered emails immediately. Reminders can be communicated in advance about due dates for borrowed books and fines if any.
Newspaper Reading Service
19 Daily newspapers from Telugu, English, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam languages and 26 weekly, fortnightly and monthly magazines are procuring from local vendor for daily news updates and improving reading habits among readers. Some of the technical magazines are also procuring for new software and product updates in electronic, computer and mechanical engineering disciplines.
Newspaper Clipping Service
All the newspaper articles about the events organized in our university, and the relevant articles published about education, career, personality & professional development, new technology emerged etc. are filed for further reference
II. Discussion Rooms and its Rules
Three separate rooms are kept ready for group discussions, project works, assigned work given by the faculty, or any innovative ideas to be formulated by students, research scholars and faculty members and arranged 8 seating with air-conditioned in each room.
The following are the rules to be followed for proper and effective functioning.
- ★ Discussion rooms in the library should be used for the academic purpose only with proper discipline.
- ★ It should be kept for group of users with common purpose and one of the students in a group will submit his/her ID card to the library staff or security for using the discussion room; If any problem arises he/she will be held responsible for anything misused.
- ★ One can reserve the discussion rooms before one day, if the slot is available.
- ★ A group of users can be used the discussion rooms only for half an hour to forty-five minutes only up to maximum one hour.
- ★ Maximum seating capacity of the discussion room is eight only.
- ★ After completion of the discussion, users can switch off the lights, fan, AC and handover the key, AC remote to the library personnel or security.
- ★ With due permission, users will use the TV installed in the Discussion Room 3 for the academic Purpose only.
- ★ The concerned users will be responsible for any loss or damage inside the discussion rooms.
- ★ Users have to maintain a moderate noise level because loud voice disturbs other users who are working in adjoining rooms or outside.
- ★ Users are requested to maintain a clean environment inside the discussion room.
- ★ Users should not use food or beverage items inside the discussion room.
- ★ Do not change the position of the furniture in the discussion rooms.
- ★ Preparing for projects, playing games/card/gambling, video shooting and non-academic related activity in the discussion room is strictly prohibited.
- ★ Failure to comply with library policies, rules and regulations will be suspension of discussion room privileges.
- ★ The librarian has reserves the right to terminate use of discussion room that disrupts library user or staff.
III. Library Orientation
Library orientation is organized every year for 1st year students joined in the university to aware about library resources and services rendered by the library and the rules & regulations and its importance for their academic, professionals and career development.
IV. Book Exhibition
Books vendors are inviting once or twice in every semester on different library occasions like National Librarian’s day (12th August), National Book day (23rd April), National Library week celebrations (14th-20th November), National Youth day (12th January) and National Science day (28th February) etc. to get aware of students and faculty about the importance of books, make them available at their convenience and improve the reading habits among students and faculty members. It’s very good opportunity to all to select their interested books for their own and recommend to the library.
V. Sponsoring for seminars and conferences
Library staff members are encouraged to organise and attend conferences, seminars, workshops and training programmes inside and outside the campus every year. This is very good opportunity to the library staff members to share and update their knowledge about latest technology, applications and services rendered from outside libraries. Management is sponsoring library professionals for such programmes every year.
University Library will organize training programmes, workshops and seminars and online webinars to working professionals in academic, public and special libraries and other departments on the emerging trends and latest technologies implemented in their area of specialisation and knowledge.
VI. Annual Stock verification
Library stock verification is carried out every year during summer by the committee appointed by respective authority to cross check its loss or damage if any in the library and to submit a report. Follow-up actions will be initiated if any damages beyond normal as per norms
VII. Library Guide/Handbook
Library manual means its sources and services rendered and different sections and its importance, technology applications and how to apply and use them for proper functioning of the library. This is the way for better utilization and functioning of entire library.
VIII. Library digital Display and notice board
All the communications about library are circulated to the end users through the email and the details about library holdings, resources and services relevant to the academic community are displaying on two TV screens fixed in the library premises.
IX. Institutional Repository (Dspace)
All the institutional materials like previous Question papers, faculty publications in terms of articles, conference papers, lecture notes, books, book chapters, audio & video materials, projects, theses etc. are uploaded in the digital repository (Dspace) and providing access to the end users through public IP:
X. Thesis submission/ShodhGanga
The awarded Ph. D theses from the university are submitted to the university library for reference and the same are uploading in the ShodhGanga, an open access repository developed by INFLIBNET Centre which is an IUC of UGC.
XI. Knowledge Management
Knowledge management (KM) is the process of identifying, organizing, storing and disseminating information within an organization. When knowledge is not easily accessible within an organization, it can be incredibly costly to a business as valuable time is spent seeking out relevant information versus completing outcome-focused tasks.
XII Braille Software (PWD students):
University library procured Readit Scanner for scanning the document (books and other materials) and gives reading support to the no vision and low vision users. Services like braille books, Screen reader software (NVDA) is arranged in the library for PWD students.
XIII. National Programme on technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)
The prestigious programme designed and developed by former Seven IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and maintained by IIT Madras. In this, video and audio lectures were prepared and provided contents to all the AICTE & UGC approved technical institutions and higher educational institutions with free of cost. Now all the lecturers were kept open access and everyone can access at any time through internet.
It focuses on five core disciplines – civil engineering, computer science and engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and communication engineering as well as mechanical engineering.
NPTEL has the world’s largest online repository of courses in basic sciences, engineering and selected humanities and social sciences subjects. The online portal has over 470 million views and its YouTube Channel is the most subscribed educational channel with more than 1.5 million subscribers and over 404 million total views. With 56000+ hours video content, it is the most accessed library of peer-reviewed educational content in the world.
I. National Digital Library of India (NDLI)
VIT-AP University Library is a member of National Digital Library of India programme initiated by Ministry of HRD (Now Ministry of Education) Govt. of India is an online repository of learning resources from lower class to PG level. It is sponsored and mentored by Ministry of Education, Government of India, through its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT). This is single window search for all resources which is called federated search is employed to facilitate focused searching so that learners can find the right resource with least effort and in minimum time (meeting one of the library objectives is ‘Best books for the largest number at the least cost’). NDLI is designed to hold content of any language and provides interface support for 10 most widely used Indian languages. It is developed, operated and maintained from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
All the students and faculty and staff members are registered in NDLI club and organize awareness programme about NDLI sources and services. In continuation every year we have to organize two programmes for students and faculty in different aspects like motivational or career development programmes. Certificates will be issued by NDLI club to the participants of such programmes.
II. Developing Library Network (DELNET)
For the last several years, VIT-AP University Library is a member of DELNET. This provides access to e-journals, e-books and other e-databases by its member libraries. It has been renewed every year for the benefit of our user community. All the member libraries are uploading their library catalogue for providing union catalogue of all the materials and inter library loan service is provided to all member libraries by DELNET.
ShodhGanga is designed using DSpace an open source digital library software for uploading Doctoral theses awarded by the university. This is the right platform to deposit their Ph.D theses and make it available for entire scholarly community in open access. The repository has the ability to capture, index, store, disseminate and preserve Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs) submitted by the research scholars
New library has been established in the same campus for Law Course in AB2 room no.401 as per the BCI norms. All the resources for Law course is shifted the new library
|1.Text book section
|4.Technical processing Section
|7.Braille Section (PWD)
|9.Newspaper Reading section
|10.Personal Belonging section
|11.Back Volumes Section
|12.Loss & Damage Books
Library Staff Details
- Dr. Dilip Kumar Mohanty (Deputy Director, Library)
- Dr. Ch. Veeranjaneyulu (University Librarian)
- Mr. K. Saibabu (Sr. Library Assistant)
- Mr. B.D.V.V. Prasad (Library Assistant)
- Mrs. V. Tapaswi (Library Assistant)
Dr. Ch. Veeranjaneyulu (University Librarian)