A Child should never be deprived of quality education owing to poverty. This forceful thought in my mind became the seed that gave birth to the innovative “STARS” scheme. – Dr. G. Viswanathan, Chancellor, VIT -AP
Support The Advancement of Rural Students
VIT’s new initiative called STARS (Support The Advancement of Rural Students) aims to provide opportunities to the underprivileged rural students to pursue quality higher education. The scheme will be implemented in the thirteen Districts of Andhra Pradesh namely Anantapur, Chittoor, East Godavari, Guntur, Kadapa, Nellore, Krishna, Prakasam, Kurnool, Srikakulam, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram and West Godavari.
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Shri. N. Chandrababu Naidu had launched VIT – AP Stars Scheme while laying foundation stone to the VIT – AP campus in the capital city Amravati on 3rd November 2016. Through this scheme, from the academic year 2017-18 onwards one male and one female student, among those who studied from Government Junior Colleges located in rural areas in each district, will be selected and offered complete Free Education and Hostel Facilities to pursue their education at VIT -AP. Hence every year 26 students from 13 districts will be benefitted under VIT-AP STARS scheme.
- Students who have taken Maths, Physics and Chemistry subjects alone are eligible under this scheme.
- This opportunity will be limited to one student in a family.
- The annual income of the family should be below Rs 1,50,000/-.
- Only top five boy and girl students who have studied in junior colleges under rural panchayats are selected for the scheme (Junior colleges located under Corporation, Municipality, Town panchayat limits are not eligible).
- The list of junior colleges eligible under the STARS scheme will be published in the University website : www.vitap.ac.in.
- Such identified district toppers will be called for an interview based on marks secured in their intermediate board examination. Among them, one male and one female student will be admitted, after the results are published.
- Final admissions to STARS scheme will be decided by the University.
Special Features Of The Scheme
- Students’ admission and education fees are 100% exempted.
- Hostel and Mess Fees also will be exempted.
- STARS book bank.
- Award to the Best Outgoing STAR Boy and STAR Girl.
For further details contact:-
Dr. John Pradeep