A Blockchain Club
- ★ This course aims to provide conceptual understanding of the function of Block chains as a method of securing distributed ledgers, how consensus on their contents is achieved, and the new applications that they enable.
- ★ It covers the technological underpinnings of blockchain operations as distributed data structures and decision-making systems, their functionality and different architecture types.
- ★ It provides a critical evaluation of existing blockchain technical capabilities and platforms, and examines their future directions, opportunities, risks and challenges.
- ★ Understand the structure of a blockchain and why/when it is better than a simple distributed database;
- ★ Analyze the incentive structure in a blockchain based system and critically assess its functions, benefits and vulnerabilities
- ★ Evaluate the setting where a blockchain based structure may be applied, its potential and its limitations,
- ★ Understand what constitutes a smart nmmmmmmcontract, what are its legal implications and what it can and cannot do, now and in the near future,
- ★ Attain awareness of the new challenges that exist in monetizing businesses around blockchain and smart contracts,
- ★ Describe and understand the differences between the most prominent blockchain structures and permissioned blockchain service providers, as well as rising alliances and networks