VIT-AP, a State Private University, near Vijayawada, established under Andhra Pradesh State Private Universities (Establishment & Regulation) Act, 2016, invites applications from distinguished academicians with the highest level of competence, integrity, morals and institutional commitment, for the post of Vice-Chancellor:
- Possess adequate administrative qualities with a minimum of fifteen years of experience as Professor in a University system or fifteen years of experience in an equivalent position in a reputed research and/or academic administrative organization as per the University Grants Commission (UGC) norms.
- Have a vision for Institute, who, along with the Chancellor and other senior members, have the zeal to put the vision into action in terms of academic goals.
- Be a strategic thinker and visionary to be able to grow the Institute in terms of scale and size, a person with enthusiasm and energy, an excellent communicator and listener, a leader who creates successful teams and oversees numerous projects and employees, maintains a positive relationship with internal stakeholders.
- Be a proven pioneer in establishing Centres of Excellence in emerging fields to promote Research & Development and having connectivity with national and international universities.
- Be known in the academic circles for excellence in academics, in terms of papers published, number of other publications, number of research projects handled and faculty development work. Patents in his/her name will be an added advantage.
The appointment will be finalized by the search committee and will be as per norms. The Vice-Chancellor shall hold the office for a period of three years from the date of assuming office, or till he/she attains an age of 70 years, whichever is earlier.
Interested candidates are requested to apply in strict confidence along with CV and appropriate supporting documents to the email id firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 20th April 2020.