V-Launch Pad – Annual Business Plan Competition
The 2nd Annual Business Plan Competition of VIT-AP University
A PAN India Event
Date: 21st April 2023
VIT-AP School of Business (VSB) in collaboration with VIT-AP Technology Business Incubation Foundation (VTBIF) and Institute’s Innovation Council (IIC)
ABOUT VIT Group
VIT was founded in 1984 under the visionary leadership of Dr. G. Viswanathan and conferred University status in 2001. VIT has four campuses at Vellore, Chennai, Amaravati (AP) and Bhopal, offering more than 86 Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Research Programmes with 50,000 + students from 28 Indian states and 50 + countries. Its flagship B.Tech programme attracts more than applications throughout the country and abroad. VIT is the FIRST Institution from India to get 4 STAR Diamond rating and in the Top 550 ofthe QS world University Ranking by Subject in 5 subjects. VIT is also ranked in the Top 250 universities of Asia Ranking and Young University Ranking. It is also ranked among top 9 institutions in India in the reputed Shangai World University Rankings. VIT is ranked as No.l private institution for innovation and the ARIIA 2019 award, constituted by the Govt. of India, was received by the Chancellor from the President of India on 8th April 2019. Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) Shanghai Ranking, 2021 declared VIT amongst the top 10 universities in India.
VIT is also recognized as an Institute of Eminence, by the Govt. of India, for its overall excellence in research and Innovation. Many of its programmes are accredited by ABET, the American Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology and also IET, The Institution of Engineering and Technology, United Kingdom. VIT has been ranked among TOP 20 Best Engineering Institutions in India for past 6years in a row, from 2016-2021, in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (N IRF), Govt. of India.
VIT-AP University began functioning at Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh from the academic year 2017-18. Right from its inception the University has carved a niche for itself as one of the fastest growing institutions of higher education in India. Spread across 100 acres, currently has seven schools offering 24 UG, PG and Ph.D. programmes in the areas of Engineering, Sciences, Arts, Languages, Business and Law. The campus hosts a cosmopolitan culture with its 6000+ undergraduate and post-graduate students along with 400+ research scholars spread across 26 states of India and 6 foreign countries. VIT-AP has obtained the approval of UGC in 2019, and now gearing towards National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accreditation and NIRF.
The University is also meticulously working towards internationalization of its campus and also greatly ambitious of participating in QS and other international rankings. Research has taken priority position in VIT-AP University, and is well integrated and intertwined with the academics. The University currently has over 1123 quality publications in highly reputed journals; and has a h-lndex of 31 within 5 years of its establishment and has also organized several international conferences. Centers of Excellence in areas like Artificial Intelligence & Robotics, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Renewable Energy are given high priority and arebeingestablished.
For further details of VIT-AP University visit the official website: https://vitap.ac.in/
ABOUT VIT-AP SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (VSB)
The VIT-AP School of Business (VSB) is launched with the vision of preparing the future leaders of I ndia to face the emerging crises-o pportunities.
With Management, knowledge and leadership being integral parts of the modern age, VSB programmes are designed to enhance leadership competencies, social and ecological sensitivity and systems thinking of the participants. The meticulously designed programmes place a special emphasis on incorporating technology into the curriculum with an objective of enabling students to be effective decision-makers under techno-socioeconomic uncertainty. At VSB, students are motivated and equipped to become leaders in order to play a critical role in the evolution of new business models and organization forms, alternate governance structures in business, government and education. For further details visit: http://vitap.ac.in/vit-ap-school-of-business/
VIT-AP Technology Business Incubation Foundation (VTBIF)
VIT-AP Technology Business Incubation Foundation (VTBIF) is the incubation centre located within VIT-AP University, Amaravathi, AP. At VTBIF, we believe that entrepreneurship is the key to unlocking innovation and driving progress. VTBIF assists faculty and students in their technology-based and knowledge-driven startups and currently many product prototypes are supported at the centre. VTBIF has a dedicated space of 12,500 sq. ft for incubation and product development activity. It comprises dedicated ofce space, coworking space, executive office space, board meeting room, makerspace and free-time recreation zone. The registered incubatees can utilize COE facilities established in the areas of AI and Robotics, Internet of Things (IOT), Cybersecurity, and Rapid Prototyping. Our team of experts and mentors will guide you through the process of starting a business, from the initial idea to securing funding and beyond. We also provide mentorship and training programs to help enhance entrepreneurs’ skills and knowledge.
PROGRAMS OFFERED AT VSB
- VSB – BBA provides a platform to impart contemporary knowledge insights on business practices. The programme outcome leads to job opportunities of business opportunities in the broad field of management. It caters the specific interest of the students who likes to pursue the study abroad programme. The programme curriculum provides the elective baskets in the discipline of Marketing, Finance, HR, and Analytics. The students have their flexibility in designing their basket. The programme is spread over six semesters. The internship provides a real time industry experience for the students
- The B. Com (Finance) course is designed to provide students with a wide range of managerial skills and to derive expertise in the specialised streams of Finance, Accounting, Taxation and Auditing. It provides a foundation to undertake CA, CS, CFA, CPA and higher education degree in India and Abroad. The students have their flexibility in designing their basket. The programme is spread over six semesters.
- The Ph.D. programme at VSB admits students to carry out research in major areas of research in Management – HR, Marketing, Economics, Finance etc.
ABOUT THE 2 nd ANNUAL BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION
VIT-AP School of Business (VSB) in collaboration with VIT-AP Technology Business Incubation Foundation (VTBIF) and Institute’s Innovation Council (IIC) is delighted to announce its second annual business plan competition – V-Launch Pad. This competition is aimed at providing a platform to budding entrepreneurs to realise their dreams to start-up a business in the cutting edge of technology for a sustainable future in India.
We aim to motivate, guide, mentor and incubate potential entrepreneurial ventures to lead India into a sustainable future, helping the society at large to achieve greater heights for the benefits of our future generations.
Rules and Regulations
- ★ 2-4 members
- ★ All full-time UG/PG students in any discipline from any University/Institution/College
- ★ Teams can be a mix of UG/PG students from different disciplines across years of study from the same institution
- ★ Doctorate students are not eligible – they must not be part of the team
- ★ Executive / part-time students are not eligible
Business Ideas are encouraged on the diverse topics and not restricted to the tracks stated below:
Business Ideas invited towards Sustainable Development
- ☆ Smart Farming
- ☆ Precision Farming
- ☆ Drones & Farming Machinery
- ☆ Vertical Farming
- ☆ Farming Management
- ☆ Food Processing
- ☆ Livestock farming and aquaculture
- ☆ Equipment and Devices
- ☆ Portable Diagnosis and Preventive care
- ☆ Hospitals and administration (AI/ML/ARVR)
- ☆ Wearables – Personalized care & Fitness
- ☆ Infant, Women and Senior care
- ☆ IIOT 4.0
- ☆ Smart City and Villages
- ☆ Predictive and Preventive maintenance
- ☆ Digital Twin
- ☆ Home Automation
- ☆ Metaverse / AR VR
- ☆ Blockchain / Data Analytics
- ☆ Fintech, Edutech
- ☆ Travel and Hospitality
- ☆ Recycling and Environmental Services
Submission End Date
- 8th April 2023, 11:59 PM IST (Indian Standard Time)
Shortlisted Teams’ Announcement
- 12th April 2023
First Presentation Online
- 15th April 2023
Second Short list
- 16th April 2023
Selected Teams’ Presentations
- 21st April 2023
Prizes and Rewards
Cash Prizes for each track
- ☆ 1st – INR 20,000/-
- ☆ 2nd – INR 15,000/-
- ☆ 3rd – INR 7,500/-
- For VIT-AP Students, under inter evaluationTWO additional winner teams will be given INR 5,000/- each.
- Mentoring / Funding by Angel Investors, Venture Capitalists, Industry and (VTBIF) VIT-AP Technology Business Incubation Foundation
- • Internship / Mentoring through (VTBIF) VIT-AP Technology Business Incubation Foundation , Entrepreneurs, Startups and Industry
- Dr. Seethalakshmi. R
Research Scholar Coordinators
- P. Ram Kishore
- J. Deevena Charitha
- Name: V.V. Krishna
Mobile No.: 6301007822
- Name: Dhavala Sai
Mobile No.: 7842082004
Entrepreneurship and Incubation Partners
- ☆ Institute’s Innovation Council (IIC)
- ☆ VIT-AP Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship Cell (IIEC)
- ☆ TiE – Andhra Pradesh
- ☆ Andhra Pradesh Innovation Society (APIS)
- ☆ IKP Knowledge Park
- ☆ Venture Capitalists
- ☆ Angel Investors
- ☆ Industry
Dr. G. Viswanathan
Founder & Chancellor, VIT
Shri. Sankar Viswanathan
Vice President, VIT
Dr. Sekar Viswanathan
Vice President, VIT
Shri. G.V. Selvam
Vice President, VIT
Dr. S.V. Kota Reddy
Dr. Jagadish Chandra Mudiganti
Dr. Shanthakumari S S
Dr. Ameet Chavan
Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship Cell (IIEC)
Competition Core Committee
- Dr. Arun Kumar Siva Kumar
- Dr. R. Seethalakshmi
- Prof. Samuel Johnson .K
- Dr. K. A. Asraar Ahmed
- Dr. Mohd Abdul Muqeet Maaz
- Dr. Anupama
- Dr. Ellison M S
- Dr. Sibi Chakravarthy
- Dr. Ajith Jubilson
- Dr.Sabeel M Basheer
- Dr. Deepjay Katuwal
- Dr. Anindita Shome
- Dr. Arin Tiwari
Terms & Conditions
- ★ This competition is open to all students, irrespective of gender, caste, creed, religion, region, language, color, political or social affiliation and any other kind/form of discrimination.
- ★ The same business idea must not be submitted to any other competitions or events before AND during the tenure of this submission.
- ★ The decisions of the experts/judges are final and binding – no representation against any such decision/judgement would be entertained.
- ★ The organizers are not eligible for mentoring any teams till the last date of submission.
- ★ The experts/judges who are part of the evaluation panel(s) must not be involved in mentoring/consulting the participating teams before the submission of business plan.
- ★ After selection for mentoring, the respective teams would be mentored/advised by the consenting experts/company mentors.
- ★ The internship and incubation opportunities are offered by respective partners on their sole discretion. The organizers of this competition are not directly involved in generating or providing those opportunities and as such do not stand guarantee for those opportunities.
- ★ If any team/concerned persons found violating the terms and conditions, that team/concerned person will be blacklisted. They won’t be able to participate in any such future activities and events.
- 1. The submission template will be shared with all the students who register for this competition on our website.
- 2. Minimum font-size 11 points. Larger fonts may be used for specific headers or emphasis.
- 3. The submission should be in a PDF format. Any other form of submission will not be accepted.
- 4. Any submissions other than on the submission page will not be accepted.
- 5. Any submission to any individual person will not be accepted.
- 6. Any canvassing of any kind will lead to disqualification from this competition.
- 7. Any dishonest means employed during the course of this competition will lead to disqualification from the competition.