V-Launch Pad – Annual Business Plan Competition
The 1st Annual Business Plan Competition of VIT-AP University (Virtual)
A PAN India Event
Date: 4th – 5th March 2022
VIT-AP School of Business (VSB) in collaboration with V-LAUNCH,
the Incubation Centre of VIT-AP University
ABOUT VIT Group
VIT was founded in 1984 under the visionary leadership of Dr. G. Viswanathan and conferred University status in 2001. VIT has four campuses at Vellore, Chennai, Amaravati (AP) and Bhopal, offering more than 86 Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Research Programmes with 50,000 + students from 28 Indian states and 50 + countries. Its flagship B.Tech programme attracts more than applications throughout the country and abroad. VIT is the FIRST Institution from India to get 4 STAR Diamond rating and in the Top 550 ofthe QS world University Ranking by Subject in 5 subjects. VIT is also ranked in the Top 250 universities of Asia Ranking and Young University Ranking. It is also ranked among top 9 institutions in India in the reputed Shangai World University Rankings. VIT is ranked as No.l private institution for innovation and the ARIIA 2019 award, constituted by the Govt. of India, was received by the Chancellor from the President of India on 8th April 2019. Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) Shanghai Ranking, 2021 declared VIT amongst the top 10 universities in India.
VIT is also recognized as an Institute of Eminence, by the Govt. of India, for its overall excellence in research and Innovation. Many of its programmes are accredited by ABET, the American Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology and also IET, The Institution of Engineering and Technology, United Kingdom. VIT has been ranked among TOP 20 Best Engineering Institutions in India for past 6years in a row, from 2016-2021, in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (N IRF), Govt. of India.
VIT-AP University began functioning at Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh from the academic year 2017-18. Right from its inception the University has carved a niche for itself as one of the fastest growing institutions of higher education in India. Spread across 100 acres, currently has seven schools offering 24 UG, PG and Ph.D. programmes in the areas of Engineering, Sciences, Arts, Languages, Business and Law. The campus hosts a cosmopolitan culture with its 6000+ undergraduate and post-graduate students along with 400+ research scholars spread across 26 states of India and 6 foreign countries. VIT-AP has obtained the approval of UGC in 2019, and now gearing towards National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accreditation and NIRF.
The University is also meticulously working towards internationalization of its campus and also greatly ambitious of participating in QS and other international rankings. Research has taken priority position in VIT-AP University, and is well integrated and intertwined with the academics. The University currently has over 420 quality publications in highly reputed journals; and has a h-lndex of 19 within 4 years of its establishment and has also organized several international conferences. Centers of Excellence in areas like Artificial Intelligence & Robotics, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Renewable Energy are given high priority and arebeingestablished.
The University has set up Innovation and Incubation Centre (IIC) to assist potential students in their technology-based and knowledge-driven startups and currently many product incubators are supported in the University campus. A new initiative ‘V-Launch’ has been introduced to enhance innovation and Incubation activities, and has a dedicated space of 10000 sq. ft allocated for this purpose. In the year 2021, the faculty & scholars have published nearly 70 patents and have significantly contributed to the Intellectual Property footprint of the University. VIT has MolJ’s with over 300 + Universities across 5 continents. The University is actively working with several international Universities for academic collaboration.
Forfurther details ofVIT-AP University visit the official website: https://vitap.ac.in/
ABOUT VIT-AP SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (VSB)
The VIT-AP School of Business (VSB) is launched with the vision of preparing the future leaders of I ndia to face the emerging crises-o pportunities.
With Management, knowledge and leadership being integral parts of the modern age, VSB programmes are designed to enhance leadership competencies, social and ecological sensitivity and systems thinking of the participants. The meticulously designed programmes place a special emphasis on incorporating technology into the curriculum with an objective of enabling students to be effective decision-makers under techno-socioeconomic uncertainty. At VSB, students are motivated and equipped to become leaders in order to play a critical role in the evolution of new business models and organization forms, alternate governance structures in business, government and education. For further details visit: http://vitap.ac.in/vit-ap-school-of-business/
About V-LAUNCH, the Incubation Centre of VIT-AP University
The University has set up Innovation and Incubation Centre (IIC) to assist potential students in their technology-based and knowledge-driven startups and currently many product incubators are supported in the University campus. A new initiative ‘V-Launch’ has been introduced to enhance innovation and Incubation activities, and has a dedicated space of 10000 sq. ft allocated for this purpose. In the year 2021, the faculty & scholars have published nearly 70 patents and have signicantly contributed to the Intellectual Property footprint of the University. VIT has MoU’s with over 300 + Universities across 5 continents. The University is actively working with several international Universities for academic collaboration.
PROGRAMS OFFERED AT VSB
- Specialisation in Business Analytics, Fintech, Digital Marketing and General Management.
- Blend of commerce and finance courses focusing on accounting, auditing, taxation, financial reporting and financial management. Students can also pursue CA (foundation and I nter) during their studies atVSB
- The Ph.D. programme at VSB admits students to carry out research in major areas of research in Management- HR, Marketing, Economics, Finance etc.
ABOUT THE ANNUAL BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION
VIT-AP School of Business (VSB) in collaboration with V-LAUNCH, the Incubation Centre of VIT-AP University is delighted to announce its first business plan competition, which is going to be an annual event. This competition is aimed at providing a platform to budding entrepreneurs to realise their dreams to start-up a business in the cutting edge of technology for a sustainable future in India.
We aim to motivate, guide, mentor and incubate potential entrepreneurial ventures to lead India into a sustainable future, helping the society at large to achieve greater heights for the benefits of our future generations.
Rules and Regulations
- ★ 2-4 members
- ★ All full-time UG / PG students in any discipline from any University / Institution / College
- ★ Teams can be a mix of UG/PG students from different disciplines across years of study from the same institution
- ★ Doctorate students are not eligible – they must not be part of the team
- ★ Executive / part-time students are not eligible
No Registration Fees
- Registration and participation is free for all eligible contestants.
- ★ Technology enabled product / service / business idea(s)
- ☆ AgriTech, BioTech, EduTech, FinTech
- ☆ Social media, Mobile, IoT, Cloud, Robotics
- ☆ Clean energy, green energy
- ☆ Any other technology enabled business that contributes to the society
- ★ Other product / service / business idea(s)
- ☆ Sustainable, Social, Commercial
- ☆ Any other business that contributes to the society
Submission Start Date
- 1st January 2022
Submission End Date
- 15th February 2022, 11:59 PM IST (Indian Standard Time)
Shortlisted Teams’ Announcement
- 25th February 2022
Selected Teams’ Presentations
- 4th – 5th March 2022
Prizes and Rewards
- ☆ 1st – INR 1,00,000/-
- ☆ 2nd – INR 50,000/-
- ☆ 3rd – INR 25,000/-
- ☆ Special Mention – Two (2) prizes – INR 5,000/-
- Mentoring / Funding by Angel Investors, Venture Capitalists, Industry and V-LAUNCH, the Incubation Centre of VIT-AP University
- Internship / Mentoring through V-LAUNCH, the Incubation Centre of VIT-AP University, Entrepreneurs, Start-ups and Industry
Entrepreneurship and Incubation Partners
- ☆ TiE – Andhra Pradesh
- ☆ V-LAUNCH, the Incubation Centre of VIT-AP University
- ☆ Venture Capitalists
- ☆ Angel Investors
- ☆ Industry
Dr. Vikas Mehra
Program Chair – BBA, VSB
Dr. Y. V. Pavan Kumar
Innovation and Incubation Center (IIC)
Associate Dean, VSB
COMPETITION CORE COMMITTEE
- Mr. K. Samuel Johnson
- Dr. Usha Seshadri
- Dr. A.V.V.S. Subbalakshmi
- Dr. Salini Rosaline
- Dr. Kollapuri M
- Dr. Nupur Nirola
- Dr. K. Hari Kishan
- Dr. M. Sudha Ellison
- Dr. Alok Kumar Shukla
- Dr. Sabeel M Basheer
- Dr. V. M. Ravindra Kumar
- Dr. Renuprasad Patki
Terms & Conditions
- ★ This competition is open to all students, irrespective of gender, caste, creed, religion, region, language, color, political or social affiliation and any other kind/form of discrimination.
- ★ The same business idea must not be submitted to any other competitions or events before AND during the tenure of this submission.
- ★ The decisions of the experts / judges are final and binding – no representation against any such decision / judgement would be entertained.
- ★ The organizers are not eligible for mentoring any teams till the last date of submission.
- ★ The experts / judges who are part of the evaluation panel(s) must not be involved in mentoring / consulting the participating teams before the submission of business plan.
- ★ After selection for mentoring, the respective teams would be mentored / advised by the consenting experts / company mentors.
- ★ The internship and incubation opportunities are offered by respective partners on their sole discretion. The organizers of this competition are not directly involved in generating or providing those opportunities and as such do not stand guarantee for those opportunities.
- ★ If any team / concerned persons found violating the terms and conditions, that team / concerned person will be blacklisted. They won’t be able to participate in any such future activities and events.
- 1. The length of submitted business plan should not exceed ten (10) A-4 size pages, including drawings / tables / charts.
- 2. Minimum font-size 11 points. Larger fonts may be used for specific headers or emphasis.
- 3. The submission template will be shared with all the students who register for this competition on our website.
- 4. The submission should be in a PDF format. Any other form of submission will not be accepted.
- 5. Any submissions other than on the submission page will not be accepted.
- 6. Any submission to any individual person will not be accepted.
- 7. Any canvassing of any kind will lead to disqualification from this competition.
- 8. Any dishonest means employed during the course of this competition will lead to disqualification from the competition.