The Ph.D. programme at VIT-AP admits bright students to carry out research in engineering, basic sciences, humanities and management disciplines. The major areas of research are Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Management – HR, Marketing, Economics, Law, English etc.
- Internal Full Time:
A candidate who wishes to work for Ph.D. / Integrated Ph.D. degree on full time basis (including project staff working in sponsored projects being carried out at VIT) should apply in the prescribed form on or before the specified date.
Ph.D. in Engineering Stream:
- 10+2+4+2 (patternof studies)or any equivalent in Engineering degree
10+2+5 year Integrated M.Tech. programme, Integrated M.S Programme in Engineering
10+2+4+1 for Ph.D. in Engineering (Foreign Degree holders also eligible to apply)
Direct Ph.D. in Engineering Stream:
- 10+2+4or 5 (patternof studies) or any equivalent degree in Engineering degree
- 10+2+3+2 (patternof studies) or any equivalent in Non-Engineering degree
10+2+5 year Integrated. M.Sc.(Biotech)in Non-Engineering degree
- Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks (of all the years /semesters) wherever marks are awarded, or a CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale in cases where letter grades are awarded or Equivalent qualifications like M.Sc. (Engineering) / M.S. [By Research] / M.Tech. [By Research]
- M.Sc. Computer Science, M.Sc. (IT), and MCA degree holders are eligible to apply for a Ph.D. Programme in Computer Science Engineering / Information Technology
- For all research programmes, it is mandatory that candidates should have studied their previous degree programmes (UG and PG) in the regular, full-time mode.
- Graduates must have an outstanding academic record in their Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology is eligible to apply. A minimum of 75% marks or a CGPA of 7.5 is mandatory on a 10- point scale
- Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of science with a minimum of 60% marks or a CGPA of 6.5 on a 10-point scale is mandatory.
- Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Social sciences and Languages with a minimum of 60% marks or a CGPA of 6.5 on a 10-pointscale is mandatory
- A master’s degree in Business Administration / CA / ICWA with a minimum of 60% marks or a CGPA of 6.5 on a 10-point scale is needed.
- Master’s Degree in law (LLM / ML) from any recognized university / Institute, in the relevant field with a minimum of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale.
- Selection will be based on the performance in the VITREE – January 2024 score, PG degree marks, research proposal,and personal interview.Candidateswho fulfil theeligibility criteriaprescribed, shall appearfor VITREE – January 2024, a two-hour Computer-Based Test (CBT). VITREE will be conducted on 10th December 2023. The question paper will have 100 MCQs (Technical – 70 questions; English communication skills – 15 questions; Statistics and probability – 15 questions). Candidates may choose their venue and the campus where they wish to pursue their Ph.D. Change of Campus, Venue, Date of Entrance Exam, Interview and specialization will not be permitted.
- The shortlisted candidates should appear for personal interview. The exact date & time will be intimated later. The selected candidates for admission will be intimated through email / SMS.
The shortlisted candidates should appear for personal interview. Refer the important dates in the page No.20. The selected candidates for admission will be intimated through email / SMS.
- Direct Ph.D.
- Selection based on the performance in the VITREE – January 2024 score, B.E. / B.Tech degree marks, research proposal and personal interview. Candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed, shall appearfor VITREE – January 2024, a two-hour Computer-Based Test (CBT). VITREE will be conducted on 10th December 2023. The question paper will have 100 MCQs (Technical – 80 questions; Englishcommunication skills – 20 questions). Candidates may choose their venue and the campus where theywish to pursue their Ph.D. Change of Campus, Venue, Date of Entrance Exam, Interview and specialization will not be permitted.
- Shortlisted candidates should appear for a personal interview. Please refer the important dates in the page No.20. The selected candidates for admission will be intimated through email / SMS.
- Foreign nationals / NRI candidates can only register as full-time scholars through separate link: https://admissions.vit.ac.in/irapplicationpg/
- Foreign Nationals Guidelines:
The following are eligible to apply for a Ph.D. programme:
- Candidates of foreign nationality who hold degrees from Indian Universities seeking admission to research programmes with the necessary clearance from the Government of India (The Ministry of Human Resource Development)
- Candidates mentioned above who possess a valid visa will be treated on par with Indian nationals for purposes of admission to the Institute.
- Foreign nationals with foreign degrees who meet the minimum educational requirements as given in Section 3
- Foreign nationals whose degrees are equivalent to Indian degrees mentioned in Section 3 in Engineering / Technology / Science and who hold a good academic record
- International candidateswho have a good working knowledge of English.
Please Note: Candidates with valid GRE and TOEFL scores will be given preference. The case of each foreign applicant will be examined and admission will be offered purely on merit. The fee is payable only as USD.NRI Guidelines:
- Indian nationals having degrees from Indian universities and whose parents work outside India may apply as NRI candidates. After receiving their application and required documents, they will be interviewed via Skype or other standard meeting platforms web technology. The fee is payable only as USD
|Programme||Ph.D. Internal Full Time|
|Tuition Fees (INR)||40,000|
|Caution Deposit (INR)||3,000|
|Total Fees (INR)||43,000|
|Thesis Fee (INR)||10,000|
|Application Cost||Rs. 1200|
|Online application form opening date||11th Sep 2023|
|Last date for submitting the online application form||30th Nov 2023|
|Date of VITREE through Centre Based Test||10th Dec 2023|
|Personal Interview through online mode||16th Dec 2023|
|Declaration of results||22nd Dec 2023|
|Last date of guide selection||31st Dec 2023|
|Last date of online fee payment||31st Dec 2023|
|Commencement of classes||To be announced|
Application Available Online – Apply Online