National Service Scheme (NSS)
- ★ To arouse social consciousness of the students by providing them opportunities to work with and among the people
- ★ To develop an awareness and knowledge of social realities to have concern for the well-being of the community and engage in creative and constructive social action.
- ★ To provide with rich and meaningful educational experiences to them in order to make their education complete and meaningful.
- ★ To develop skill needed in the exercise of democratic leadership and programme development to help them get self-employed.
- ★ To give them the opportunities for their personality development.
- ★ The NSS offers a wonderful opportunity to use a part of spare time to empathize and help the poor and the under privileged fellow countrymen living in slums and villages
- ★ It provides the volunteers with an opportunity to train themselves as the future leaders and decision makers of the country
- ★ It provides training to equip the volunteers with the minimum necessary skills to carryout programmes
- ★ It provides with opportunities to take part in inter-collegiate / inter-university / inter-state camps and exchange ideas with students from other colleges / universities / states