In the post-graduation programme M.Tech Computer Science Engineering students are allowed to pursue the course from schools of Computer Science Engineering, VITAP. The entry into these programmes occurs by successfully getting through the VITMEE examination conducted every year.
The curricula of programmes have been designed to cater to the ever changing demands of IT industry and needs of the society through research. The focus is on holistic learning and empowering students to make significant contributions at all levels. The cafeteria system of electives gives a handful of choices for students to develop expertise in their area of interest.
- To build a technological base in Computer Science and Engineering.
- To analyze, design, develop and evaluate high-end computing systems.
- To undertake challenging projects and carry out research activity.
- To identify new trends and evaluate emerging technologies.
- OTo work on specialised and specific domains with faculty in various research divisions.
- As Developers and specialists in high-end services and IT-product companies.
- As Development Engineers, Technical Leaders and Managers.
- As Academicians and Researchers in India and abroad.
- As Consultants, Solution Developers and Entrepreneurs.
- As Computing Specialists in Research Labs and as Technology Providers.
- The applicants should apply online at https://vtop2.vit.ac.in/pgapplication/ by paying a Non-refundable application fee of Rs.1200/- (rupees thousand two hundred only) (Including GST).
- The applicants should register for VITMEE, a Computer Based Objective test at indicated test centers.
- The list of short-listed candidates will be published in the website or personal SMS will be send to the registered mobile number for an interview/counselling at Vellore/ Chennai/VIT-Bhopal/VIT-AP.
- Candidates selected will have to pay a deposit of Rs. 11,800/- towards counselling fee. Counselling fee is Non-Refundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the Institute. This amount should be paid by demand draft drawn in favour of “Vellore Institute of Technology”, payable at Vellore (only computerised DD will be accepted). Candidates who fail to pay the advance at the time of Counselling will not be considered for Admission.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination
- Candidate must have B.E/B.Tech. Degree in any branch / M.S / M.Sc. Computer Science or IT or Software Engineering / MCA or any other equivalent degree.
- They should have a minimum aggregate percentage of 60%.
- It is must to have a consistent record in X and XII Std.
- If the candidate is in the final year, they can also apply. Although, at the time of interview at VIT, they should complete the final year.
- By August 15, candidates should be able to produce the final year marks and Provisional degree certificate.
- National, as well as NRI candidates, can apply for VITMEE 2019.
- The candidates qualifying VITMEE 2019, will appear for VITMEE 2019 counselling.
- The GATE qualified candidates will be preferred, however must appear VITMEE 2019.
Candidate should apply through online at https://vtop2.vit.ac.in/pgapplication/ through Netbanking/Debit card/Credit card /Paytm mode.
There is NO printed OMR application form, candidates are requested to apply only through Online mode
- Steps to be followed
- Enter into New User page and register yourself with required information
- Verify your registered email id and mobile number for the password received from VIT. (Keep this email id and password till the completion of the admissions)
- Fill the online application form. Cost of the online form is Rs. 1200/-. The application cost is non-refundable.
- Pay the application fee Rs.1200/- through online mode using netbanking/Debit card / Credit card/Paytm mode
- Upload your Photo and Sign image on the online application form
- The filled in Application may be downloaded and stored for future reference.
NO NEED TO SEND THE FILLED IN APPLICATION FORM / CERTIFICATES BY POST TO US.