- Q. Is there any hostel facility in VIT-AP?
Answer: Yes, VIT-AP provides highly secure and well-guarded hostel facility separately for boys and girls. For more details visit https://vitap.ac.in/hostels/
- Q. Is there any transportation facility for students?
Answer: Yes, VIT-AP provides bus transportation facility for the day scholar students. The buses are safe, secure, and driven by responsible personnel. Day scholars can avail the bus facility from Vijayawada, Guntur, and Tenali. For more details visit https://vitap.ac.in/transport/
- Q. Can I visit the campus to know more about the program and University?
Answer: Yes, you are welcome to visit the University to get to know more about the program and the University.
- Q. Where to look to know more information about the Program and the corresponding school?
Answer: Refer the School website: http://vitap.ac.in/school-of-advanced-sciences/
- Q. What is data Science?
Answer: Data Science is a multi- disciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms to produce knowledge & insights from structured & unstructured data. It utilises techniques & theories derived from many fields such as computer science, mathematics, statistics & information science to process and analyse large amount of data, and to present the results to reveal patterns and enable stakeholders to draw informed conclusions.
- Q. Why is it important to join this program?
Answer: The technological advances used to be mostly driven by improved hardware that increased processing power, but also impelled physical limitations, therefore, the focus has now been shifting to software-driven applications. Data, the oil of the digital economy as it is called, is expected fuel our future. With the increase of computing power and digital storage come many new possibilities that – just ten to fifteen years ago – were beyond our imagination. Such new developments led to an increased demand for Data Scientist not just in IT sector but also in sectors such as banking and finance, automotive, energy, healthcare, transport, retail, and virtually every domain you can think of. Data has already started driving business decisions – from small regional offices to the boardroom – and hence graduates from study programmes in Data Science will be directly involved in important strategic decision-making processes. The program is designed to create knowledge pool that can address the ever-growing demand and challenges for experts in this field.
Eligibility and Admissions:
- Q. What are the eligibility criteria for admission into this program?
Answer: • Minimum of 50% marks at 10+2 level /Intermediate/CBSE/ICSE/HSC/ or equivalent with Mathematics /Statistics /Computer Science/Business Mathematics as one of the subjects.
• Age Limit: Date of Birth falls on or after 01.07.2000 (or any date based on the UG admission age limit)
- Q. I have not studied Mathematics in my Intermediate or 10+2, can I apply for this program?
Answer: Having studied Mathematics at Intermediate/10+2 level is essential prerequisite for joining this program.
- Q. What is meant by dual degree Program?
Answer: After 3 years of successful completion of this programme the B.Sc. degree in Data Science will be awarded irrespective of the students taking the exit option or not and on continuation with masters’ level study M.Sc. degree in Data Science will be awarded after successful completion of another 2 years.
- Q. What is exit option? When can I exercise it?
Answer: After 3 years of successful completion of this programme, if a student gets a campus placement or he gets admission in masters at a partner university, or for some other reasons, if he wants to exit the program, he can do so with a B.Sc. degree in Data Science.
- Q. When will the application process for admission to this program start?
Answer: The admission process has already started, for more details contact The Admissions Office, or refer https://vitap.ac.in/contact-us/
- Q. What is the closing date for issue of applications?
Answer: You may contact the VIT-AP University Admissions Office.
- Q. When and how can I apply?
Answer: The B Sc.& M. Sc Data Science program uses the online application for the VIT-AP University. Please refer to the University Website.
- Q. What are the important courses offered in this program?
Answer: The curriculum is designed in such a way that graduating students will be industry ready. The study of data science is constituted with the knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. The proposed program specialization will help students acquire the knowledge about industry relevant skills on Mathematical modeling, statistical modeling, data science concepts, machine learning principles and algorithms and visualization techniques.
- Q. Does the curriculum provide industry internship or project-based learning opportunities?
Answer: The curriculum has scope for all the advanced teaching-learning methodologies such as application-oriented and project-based learning and industry internships.
- Q. What is the fee structure for this program?
Answer: Contact Admissions Office, VIT-AP University.
- Q. Are there any scholarships provided?
Answer: VIT-AP University provides scholarships for meritorious students based on assessment.
Careers in Data Science:
- Q. What are the career opportunities for the graduates of this program?
Answer: This Inter-disciplinary program brings together a lot of skills required by Data Scientists with adequate domain knowledge to help any organization find ways to take major business decisions, reduce costs, get into new markets, launch a new product or service, find the sentiment of the customers, so on. The following industries/sectors would be the expected employers.
• IT industries
• Research institutions
• Banking sector
• Consulting firms
• Pharmaceutical companies
• Automobile industries and
• Educational sector
- Q. Does VIT-AP offer Campus placement facilities?
Answer: VIT Provides centralized campus placements throughout all the VIT Campuses.