B.Com. (Finance) Programme
The B.Com (Finance) course is designed to provide students with a wide range of managerial skills and deriving expertise in the specialised streams of finance, accounting, taxation and management”. B.Com (Finance) programme is offered by VIT-AP School of Business (VSB) at VIT-AP University VIT-AP University is a part of Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), which is India’s number one private engineering institution and designated as Institution of Eminence by the Govt. of India.
B.Com (Finance), students will be able to specialise in different fields such as Finance and Accounting, Banking, Insurance, Taxation, etc. The in-depth education and academic curriculum provide the students with a wider range of knowledge and expertise in commerce and banking. Students will be able to pass CA, CS, CMA or CFA very easily if you study B.Com (Finance)
Over the years, it has been a trend to see CA aspirants pursue B. Com (Finance) while also attempting to clear CA exams as well. At VIT-AP we will prepare you for CA-Foundation and CA-Inter as well while studying B. Com(Finance) at VIT-AP Campus.
B.Com (Finance) at VSB Advantage
B.Com (Finance) This degree course gives a good base for higher professional and degree programmes like, CA, CS, CFA, MBA,CPA and Master of Commerce in Finance, Master of Commerce in Auditing, Master of Commerce in taxation, etc. the popularity of finance is increasing day by day.
B.Com in Finance advantage at VSB is about becoming an expert in the field of Finance, Banking, Accounting and Insurance. The course covers the high demand courses like security analysis, derivatives markets, financial management, risk management etc. these equip the student in dealing with a variety of financial problems in any particular sector or any kind of client.
The unique B.Com (Finance) programme offered at VIT-AP, has the fundamentals of CMA, CA, CFA and ACS embedded in the three-year programme, with students learning about the amalgamation of the financial world with the technological and regulatory disruptors. Technical Competencies of B.Com (Finance) programme include Financial Reporting, Management Accounting, Audit and Assurance, Finance, Taxation, Strategy and Governance.
Key features of the programme
- 1. CA integrated curriculum
- 2. Option for Computer science and Management electives
- 3. Faculty with International experience
- 4. Optional additional training for CA (to be offered by a reputed partner); Ideally student can finish Foundation and Inter by the time they pass B Com
B. Com (Finance) Subjects aligned with Chartered
Accountancy (CA) :
B.Com Finance Subjects aligned with CA Subjects in Intermediate Course or IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course)
- 1. Accounting
- 2. Cost Accounting and Financial Management
- 3. Advanced Accounting
- 4. Taxation
- 5. Auditing and Assurance
- 6. Business Laws, Ethics and Communication
- 7. Information Technology and Strategic Management
- 8. Corporate and other Laws
B. Com (Finance) aligned with CA (Final)
- 1. Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
- 2. Financial Reporting
- 3. Strategic Financial Management
- 4. Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation
- 5. Corporate and Economic Laws
- 6. Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation
- 7. Indirect Tax Laws
There are also electives from which students can
- 1. Risk Management
- 2. International Taxation
- 3. Economic Laws
- 4. Financial Services and Capital Markets
- 5. Global Financial Reporting Standards
- 6. Multidisciplinary Case Studies
Graduates of B.Com in Finance have a wide range of job opportunities like Banks, Business Schools, Credit Organizations, Consultancies, Economic consulting jobs, Indian civil services, health departments, Insurance industry, securities industry and investments, Mortgage agencies etc. The opportunities are not limited to the said fields. Once completed, the graduate may pursue further studies or may take up said job opportunities associated. The average salary for a fresher ranges between INR 3.5 – 4 LPA and increases with experience and knowledge. VIT-AP University is most ideal for those who wish to pursue Chartered Accountancy, Cost and Management Accounting and Company Secretaryship as our BCom (Finance) curriculum is blended to meet the standards and requirements of Professional Accounting and Finance Certifications. The programme is spread over six semesters and is compatible with CA Syllabus.
Collaborations & MoUs
Students with Commerce or Accounting or Mathematics in Intermediate/ 12th std with overall 55% can apply.
- Step 1 – Apply Online
- Step 2 – Attend Personal Interview – eligible candidates will be informed by email
- Step 3 – Merit List, Fee & Scholarships will be announced – Students pay full academic fees within last date and take provisional admission
- Step 4 – If hostel accommodation is required, apply and make an online payment for Hostel+ Mess fees
- Step 5 – Join VSB, B.Com (Finance) on the specified date for joining formalities and orientation programme.
Fees & Merit Scholarships
- GV Merit Scholarship:
Any board topper across the country will get 100% scholarship for all the years of the UG degree programme.
- Tmt.Rajeswari Ammal Merit Scholarship:
Any district topper across the country will get 50% scholarship for all the years of the UG degree programme. If the district topper is a girl, she will get an additional 25% scholarship (making it 75% scholarship).
This scholarship is applicable to B.Com and BA degree programme admissions at VIT-AP University from AY- 2021.
B.Com. (Finance) Fee Structure
|Tuition Fees (Per Annum)||₹ 55,000|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||₹ 3,000|
|Total Fees (Per Annum)||₹ 58,000|