Dr. Usha Seshadri
Dr. USHA SESHADRI
Specialization Areas: Marketing Analytics,
Consumer Behaviour, Services Marketing,
Rural Marketing and Digital Marketing.
Dr. Usha Seshadri works as Assistant Professor- Marketing at VIT-AP University, Amaravathi campus, AP. She holds a Masters in International Management with a Gold Medal for Academic Excellence and a Doctorate in Marketing both from Pondicherry University (a Central University). She is a UGC NET qualified management faculty with over twelve years of corporate and teaching experience. Her areas of interest include Research Methodology, Digital Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Consumer Behaviour, Retail Management and Rural Marketing.
She has vast experience in classroom instruction, contemporary pedagogical practices, curriculum development and project guidance. She has been conducting webinars and Faculty Development Programs in Research Methodology, Data analysis and Digital Marketing. She is a passionate researcher and has presented several papers in refereed conferences and published articles in peer-reviewed journals at the National and International levels. She has served as track chair, session chair, key speaker and convener in international conferences and national seminars.
She is the Honorary Professor (i/c) in Centre for Research & Training (CRT) and the Distinguished Fellow of NFED. Also, serves as the Executive Board Member of NFED Business Facilitators Forum (NBFF). She is the recipient of the National Senior Woman Educator & Scholar Award in the 9th National Teachers’ Day Awards conducted and powered by the National Foundation for Entrepreneurship Development (NFED), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu on 5th September 2018.
- Some of her recent publications in indexed journals are given below:
- ★ Nawaz, M. A., Seshadri, U., Kumar, P., Aqdas, R., Patwary, A. K., & Riaz, M. (2021). Nexus between green finance and climate change mitigation in N-11 and BRICS countries: empirical estimation through difference in differences (DID) approach. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 28(6), 6504-6519.
- ★ Usha, S. (2012, August). The contribution of frugality and material values to product disposition: An exploratory study. In 2012-International Conference on Management Issues in Emerging Economies (ICMIEE) (pp. 144-148). IEEE.
- ★ Kumar, P., Seshadri, U., & Paramaiah, C. (2021). Business recovery strategies for adversely affected industries in the UAE-covid-19 crisis response. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 20, 1-12.
- ★ Kumar, P., & Seshadri, U. (2021). Indian retail entrepreneurs and international marketers: a viable business ecosystem for indian start-ups. Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, 25(2), 1-13.
- Other Roles at VSB
- ★ Career Development Cell Coordinator
- ★ Digital marketing /Website Coordinator
- ★ Summer Internships Coordinator
- ★ Task Force Committee member
- ★ Industry Collaboration Committee Member
- ★ Media Advisory Committee Member
- ★ Recently launched Book Buzz, a club that aims to create a nurturing environment for students to read, discuss, synthesize and critique ideas that matter.