- To spread the love of mathematics to the obscure areas of the world where mathematics is feared and/or disrespected.
- To offer an ideal avenue for a free exchange of mathematical ideas and for frank and helpful criticism of these ideas.
- To promote an interest and awareness of mathematics through a social and intellectual environment.
- To help students in developing heuristic and problem-solving attitude.
- To create a platform for the students to develop intuitive, explorative and creative thinking skills.
- To offer a social outlet for students with a serious interest in mathematics to work on problem solving techniques that go beyond regular classroom curriculum.
- To enjoy mathematics and develop patience and persistence when solving problems
- To organize lectures, events and competitions to promote the beauty & applicability of Mathematics.
Students will be able to
- Experience mathematics outside of regular course work.
- Learn some of the great mathematicians and their revolutionary contribution.
- Inculcate feeling of discovery and development.
- Improve the following organizational skills.
-Idea actualization; event planning and organization.