VIT-AP has a transparent application process. There are two modes – online and offline, of applying to the various programmes at VIT-AP. The details of the applications process are given below.
How to Apply
Candidates can obtain the application form at the cost of Rs.1200/- (inclusive of GST) through the following modes:
- From the designated list of post offices throughout India. List of Post Offices (or)
- By producing the Demand Draft for Rs. 1200/- in favour of VIT -AP in person, from the following places:
- VIT-AP (Amaravati)
- VIT , Vellore Campus
- VIT , Chennai Campus
- VIT-Bhopal (MP)
Candidates can apply online through the following modes:
- Net banking/Credit card/Debit card for Rs. 1150/- (inclusive of GST) – General candidates
- NRI candidates and candidates choosing abroad test centres can apply through online for 50 USD
- Online applicants are requested not to send the hardcopy of the application form.
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National/PIO/OCI holder. PIO/OCI candidates should have studied in schools located in India in the preceding two years.
- Foreign Nationals can apply separately through Foreign National Application form.
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2018 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2018, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination -ISCE, New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- As per VIT Norms, NIOS candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2018. They should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY should be produced at the time of counseling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Programmes.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-engineering and B.Tech.Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Spec. in Bioinformatics) and Electronics and Communication with spl. in Biomedical Engineering but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2018. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counseling, failing for which they will be disqualified.
Cost of Application
- Cost of OMR Application Form – Rs. 1200/- (inclusive of GST)
- Cost of Online Application Form – Rs. 1150/- (inclusive of GST)
Requirements for VITEEE
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph with 10kb – 200 kb (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) / Softcopy (scanned copy) of Signature of the Candidate with 10kb – 200 kb (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ) in JPG / JPEG format. Selfie photos will not be accepted.
- All our correspondence including centre booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through email only. Therefore, the applicant is requested to get ready with valid email id and Mobile number for contact.
- Recently taken passport size colour photograph as per the instruction on the form. Selfie photos will not be accepted.
- All our correspondence including centre booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through Email only. Therefore, the applicant is requested to provide valid email id and mobile number for contact.